32" LED TV Help, Please!! Want to buy soon

nd_hunter

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2009
Ok, so in searching for 32" LED TVs, I have a few things figured out. I know I want full 1080p. I also prefer LED lit, and would like 120Hz refresh. However, most of these are out of my price range. I did a google shopping search and found this one here. Only problem, I have never heard of the company, Haier America. Has anyone else? Should I be concerned? If I would go with Vizio, LG, or Samsung, I will have to drop down to 720p or to a smaller size. That is something I really don't want to compromise on.

So in summary, I am willing to compromise on brand, but not size or resolution. Any thoughts/suggestions are welcome. I would like a TV and wall mount for ~$400US. I will be using this tv for my XBOX360, blu-ray player, and (maybe) PC gaming.

rwpritchett

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
I think you'll have to pony-up some $$$ to get everything you want. I've never heard of Haier America and wouldn't trust the brand myself. Best Buy has a crap-brand "Insignia" with everything you listed (link). At least I've heard of Insignia. Would you be willing to give up the LED option?

Is there a reason you are so dead-set on having 1080p on such a small display? There's a reason smaller HDTV's are 720p instead of 1080p.

nd_hunter

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2009

I found an LG on Amazon for that same price. I want 1080p because I have a blu-ray player (gift) and would like to try out PC gaming on it.

And after some additional thought, I might be willing to give up the LED option, but the picture looks so dang pretty. LOL. I have a buddy who's got a 55" Sony LCD set up next to a 55" Samsung LED-LCD, and the difference is noticeable. But I suppose a "plain" LCD will still be a major upgrade from my 200lb old-school 32" Sony. haha.

Thanks for the reply.

nd_hunter

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2009

That would be the one. I'm just not sure how long that price is going to last and I won't be able to afford it for another few weeks. :cry: And yes, a wall mount is necessary due to room size.

nd_hunter

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2009
I agree. I guess I'd rather go without for now than sink money into crap. Who knows. That Haier might be fine, but I'm not gonna risk $350 on a "might." Now if it were $200, I would've ordered it without a second thought.

Thanks for your time.

gaurishank

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2011
I am using LG's LCD TV & it going fine, so recommend you to for LG, as i am already having the experience of LG so it's good enough in terms of picture quality & response speed.

Moreover you can get the 1920 x 1080p resolution picture quality in LG's LED TV, I think that would be good option for gaming purpose also...!

More you can find out with the help of this link about LG's LED TV:
http://www.lg.com/in/tv-audio-video/led-lcd-tv/LG-32LV3730.jsp

Thanks!

vz7

Distinguished
May 13, 2011
OP if you are interested, Haier is actually a Chinese company.
If I recall correctly, they were first known for their washing machines and air conditioning units.
I'm assuming they have expanded their business to the US in recent years. I can't give you an idea of how reliable they are in television though.