360 total security malware removal on windows 8.1 desktop

partha1955

Honorable
Aug 11, 2012
Hi folks I am using windows 8.1 for my desktop (Gigabyte 78LMTUSB3 mobo corsair value select 4gb ddr3 ram AMD FX 6300 CPU). Recently I found a antivirus programme called 360 total security in my computer. I never downloaded or installed it. It was popping up with some messages etc. Since I already have malware bytes anti virus and malware detection and removal software, I wanted to uninstall 360 total security. To my dismay I found out that it didn't have uninstall option. Searching the net proved that it is a dangerous Trojan, and it cannot be removed by anti malware or windows defender etc. Trying to uninstall the software from the programme files with administrator privilege, came out with access denied message. So was to use regedit method of removal.

Google search and youtube search and solutions found therein was of no use. Then some ware I found that down loading and installing the software from www.360totalsecurity.com again and then try to uninstall it may help. Then I downloaded the 360 totalsecurity software (Malware !) and it said it already existed in my system, and went on to update it. Now I found the Un-install option. Simply uninstalled it with the CC cleaner. It is gone now.

Solution
The miracle of self-installing 360 TS.....talk about high tech software! :)

(I am using it as I type this, although, oddly enough, I had to click on a few things to intentionally download it; however, 360TS seems quite competent and thorough, and, oddly enough, appears to have a standard 'uninstall' option, although this will not prevent some users from thinking they can just delete it's folder...)

Pfunky

Estimable
Nov 17, 2014
Just so you know, 360 total security is listed on the windows site as a suggested anti-virus. I was considering downloading it myself (hence why I came to tom's) but I'm glad I saw your post. Definitely not gonna get it due to the removal problems you've had.

mdd1963

Distinguished
The miracle of self-installing 360 TS.....talk about high tech software! :)

(I am using it as I type this, although, oddly enough, I had to click on a few things to intentionally download it; however, 360TS seems quite competent and thorough, and, oddly enough, appears to have a standard 'uninstall' option, although this will not prevent some users from thinking they can just delete it's folder...)

Solution

gggirlgeek

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2010
I've just started using 360 and I'm quite impressed honestly. I repair computers and was searching for a new free option that doesn't nag my nooby clients (not an easy task anymore!)

So far (2 days): No nags; GREAT performance; Good detection rate in reviews; Very useful tools. It offers Microsoft updates, cleans your temp folders, has a sandbox to test software, and even cleans your hard drive of old drivers and updates. It found 4Gb of stuff to clean that Windows' update cleanup didn't find. It also offers HIPS protection by alerting me to new start up items and installs. In addition, my boot time was cut by 20 seconds compared to Panda and Avira.

Only down point so far is that I can't find any documentation or support links. No forum either. Just an email address.

I made a backup image of course and if anything goes wrong I'll report back!

aquila4967

Estimable
Apr 11, 2015
Hello. I am running Bitdefender as an anti-virus on one of my desktops which is using windows XP. A couple of days ago 360 Total Security popped up and now I also am unable to delete it. Tried Revo Uninstaller, add/remove option, etc...just simply will not go away. My question is with it running will it negate or overide/disable my Bitdefender or cause any other problems? It being labeled as a trojan isn' comforting either! Any suggestions.

Resd Stuf

Estimable
Apr 22, 2015
This software installs itself secretly via partner software. Is nearly impossible to uninstall it now, I did try several ways, regedit.exe, using different power uninstallers, and the software is never displayed. Actually is designed to not be uninstalled. A nightmare because slows down my computer a lot!
It also changes the permissions and you as an administrator cannot modify it, is locked for the software.
Chinese softwares....

bobto

Estimable
May 18, 2015
I installed this software based on some good reviews. The antivirus seems to be good as it is based on Bit Defender and Avira. However when I ran their cleanup and boot time improvement tools, i corrupted my windows so bad that the only way was to repairer using a windows 7 CD. I wasted 2 days nervously. I would be extremely cautious using this software. I am now looking into making sure all traces of it is removed from my computer as I have seen people complaining about all the hidden backdoor hooks that creates, Beware.

aquila4967

Estimable
Apr 11, 2015

Sarjeet_Sing

Estimable
Oct 26, 2015
I've been using 360 for more than a year. Before that I used Norton, Symentic, McAfee and MS security essential, however, all of those were havy on my machine and could not be customized to fine tune the heavy load on the loading as well as processing. After started using 360 Total security I am so impressed that I can fine tune my computer over the fly and even block so many of windows redundent processes and background operations which were otherwise impossible. My computer which used to take over 2 minutes (2 mins and 43 secs to be very precice) is now taking 7 to 9 secords to start up and it takes upto 19 to 24 secods start during update installations. Its amaxing tool, very powerful but at the same time very customizationle. Some of the features are No nags; GREAT performance; Good detection rate in reviews; Very useful tools. It offers Microsoft updates, cleans your temp folders, has a sandbox to test software, and even cleans your hard drive of old drivers and updates. It found 4Gb of stuff to clean that Windows' update cleanup didn't find.
I could not belive that it also has the Avira Scane Engine and Bitdefender Scan Engines in addition to its own as an added option for high sequrity settings. I'm quite impressed honestly. I repair computers optimize servers and had never comeup accross such an impresive anti virus package all in one and thats too Completly FREE.

Guys its not a malware but a standalone antivirus software and even you can see its certificates varified by windows. Above all Microsoft Windows recommend it as an antivirus software!

tman1

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2009
You two claiming it improved your boot times are liars. Improved by 20 seconds? Down from 2 minutes and 45 seconds to 7-9 seconds? - only by switching from a standard HDD to an SSD is that possible.

Remosura

Estimable
Aug 14, 2015

Yes 360 Total Security is reliable. They are using Avira & Bitdefender Engines.

Bostyan87

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013
Yes I`m using 360 TS and yes it is very good AV but I always using Advanced SystemCare and other IObit PRO softwares and my computer works perfect and alot faster. Now new version IObit Malware Fighter use Bitdefender Anti-Virus Engine awesome :)