3DTV is Not for the Pregnant, Young, Old, or Drunk

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

climber

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
Who in modern western culture isn't over tired these days? It'll be a while before I consider buying a 3DTV, but seriously, I've been over tired since 1996, when I was working on thesis work in university, I've been a night owl all my life, now I can't enjoy the newest tech in the entertainment industry? That wasn't on the promotional material for "Night Owl Club of North America"!

lordcrazex

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2009
"3DTV is Not for the Pregnant, Young, Old, or Drunk"

that's just wrong... it should be...

"3DTV is Not for the Pregnant, Young, Old, Drunk, well...almost everyone."

cmcghee358

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
I always wondered if my "performance" on the drums in Guitar Hero was actually an epileptic episode.

Toss in a 3D TV and I may never recover!

Silmarunya

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
Well, rather than mocking this it should get you thinking. 3D is relatively new technology that has been proven to be rather taxing on the eyes and brains. It's a good thing research is being done into potential side effects and they should be taken seriously.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
truth be told it is not really that new , nor is it really true 3d , i get sick of 3d being abbusively applied to technoligies , first it was applied to movies agest ago that used a tricked method of making a 2d image appear 3d with some cheesy glasses and a color effect. then it was applied to gaming when they came out with games that faked 3d via a wire mesh of polygons with a thexture virually wraped around it, then again the term was applied to CGI (computer generated image) films because the term was catchier than CGI now it's being applied to this new technology, and it's liek all of a sudden the old stuff wasn't "3d" and you know what i'm freaking sick of it , it's gimicy and stupid and i wont miss label a tech just because the whole industry want's a catchy new buzz word to tack onto things. and further more IT IS STILL A 2D imaging surface that it is viewed from so IT S NOT 3D !!!!!!!!

real 3D will be holographic imagers until i see that i can give two s---s less about whatever new 2d imaging tech they want to tag the word 3d onto

abbadon_34

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
Finally all 4eyes will be forced to contacts. Laser surgery for me! Just kidding, they stil have the problems with glasses and enough EXPENSIVE ASS glasses for everyone.

P.S. Anyone else see Comcast was broadcasting the Master's Gold in 3D TV this weekend? 3D TV, 3D Box, 3D glasses, and HDMI required. Interesting was with an 1080i HDTV and HD Box (no HDMI, component) they broadcast a vertical split screen with side-by-side golfers. You could a bit of difference in the pics. Interesting, verrrrry interesting. Also headed down to Best Buy or Fry's to see the real thing.

G

The worst thing about this kind of extreme CYA is that we see so much of it that we can't tell which warnings are just CYA, and which ones warn of real safety issues. In the end, we just ignore all of them, and that is counterproductive.

G

Just so when another dumb american watches 3d when they "WERENT SUPPOSE TO" dies, companies have some way to escape responsibility

cardio

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2004
I had no idea that 3D was harmful. I have been keeping both eyes open all the time. When I go outside, when I stay in, when I drive...everything I see in in 3D except television. I wonder what I have done to myself? I wonder why we even have 2 eyes? The safety police should have warned us sooner. What about hearing sound in stereo, 3 channel, quad, 5.1 or even more...what about those dangers. Does no one even care. We are doomed. This is probably what happened to the neanderthals. Extinction thru 3D. If we were ment to have 3D we would have been born with HDMI imputs, or maybe display ports.

ncgmcpherson

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2008
Most of us with sight and/or physical issues already know this is a bad idea. I have partial blindness in one eye, even fluorescent bulbs, and standard LCD, as opposed to LED lit screens make me sick. Talking major headaches, wanting to puke. There is no way I would go near this tech. As a previous poster mentioned, until we get true holographic images that are non-flicker it's all smoke and mirrors anyway.

dark_lord69

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
[citation][nom]jj2429[/nom]Just so when another dumb american watches 3d when they "WERENT SUPPOSE TO" dies, companies have some way to escape responsibility[/citation]

This guy is right. It's the REAL reason for this warning.

Has it been by stoners? I'm thinking it would be super cool if you were stoned!

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]dark_lord69[/nom]This guy is right. It's the REAL reason for this warning.Has it been by stoners? I'm thinking it would be super cool if you were stoned![/citation]

have you ever watched Alice in wonderland in 3D? ON WEED?!

Dirtman73

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2009
[citation][nom]Dirtman73[/nom]I don't let driving stop me, why should I pause at using a t.v.?[/citation]

It was a joke guys, I don't drive drunk. I usually black out when I drink, so...

By the way, has anybody seen my car keys?

Status
Not open for further replies.