4G Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Hitting Verizon on July 28

Status
Not open for further replies.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
With those speeds you'll be hitting the allowance limit much faster.
Seems that wireless internet providers are heading in the wrong direction here. in other civilized parts of the world, where there is actual competition, one can get truly unlimited data plans for much cheaper. What's wrong with this picture?

amdwilliam1985

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2006
[citation][nom]house70[/nom]With those speeds you'll be hitting the allowance limit much faster.Seems that wireless internet providers are heading in the wrong direction here. in other civilized parts of the world, where there is actual competition, one can get truly unlimited data plans for much cheaper. What's wrong with this picture?[/citation]

Maybe it's because other civilized parts of the world(Europe) are getting their governments to subsidize their infrastructure.
I'm tire of people posting stuff like Europe pays $10/month for similar cable speed we're getting here. Have you guys ever been to Europe? I did, and I do not enjoy paying $3 euro for a bottle of soda. I love this country even more after I visited those "so-call better" countries. What I'm trying to get at is that we're paying things one way or the other. Over there, government collects a lot more tax money, therefore they can subsidize more public stuff. Over here, we're paying for what we get. I like it here much better.

thepinkpanther

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2004
[citation][nom]amdwilliam1985[/nom]Maybe it's because other civilized parts of the world(Europe) are getting their governments to subsidize their infrastructure.I'm tire of people posting stuff like Europe pays $10/month for similar cable speed we're getting here. Have you guys ever been to Europe? I did, and I do not enjoy paying $3 euro for a bottle of soda. I love this country even more after I visited those "so-call better" countries. What I'm trying to get at is that we're paying things one way or the other. Over there, government collects a lot more tax money, therefore they can subsidize more public stuff. Over here, we're paying for what we get. I like it here much better.[/citation]

Ive been to Europe; as an American living there. It is nice to know that when you see something for the said price it is that said price...not tax + crv. I agree that the taxes are higher but everything runs fine. America or Europe, it is really what you prefer

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]thepinkpanther[/nom]Ive been to Europe; as an American living there. It is nice to know that when you see something for the said price it is that said price...not tax + crv. I agree that the taxes are higher but everything runs fine. America or Europe, it is really what you prefer[/citation]
I once went to Cape Cod for a week. The room was costly, but the staff was nice and cheerie. Most days at the beach were fun, but one day it rained. We had fish almost every night. (Just trying to follow the trend of going way, way off topic)

thepinkpanther

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2004
[citation][nom]lamorpa[/nom]I once went to Cape Cod for a week. The room was costly, but the staff was nice and cheerie. Most days at the beach were fun, but one day it rained. We had fish almost every night. (Just trying to follow the trend of going way, way off topic)[/citation]

umm did u see what i quoted first? it was in that context. I was trying to imply that if you pay $10 for internet it is good internet...and way, way off topic? at most it was a tangent

And if no one cared what I had to say, why are you speaking of something which is equally not important? I think the problem is with you

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]thepinkpanther[/nom]umm did u see what i quoted first? it was in that context. I was trying to imply that if you pay $10 for internet it is good internet...and way, way off topic? at most it was a tangentAnd if no one cared what I had to say, why are you speaking of something which is equally not important? I think the problem is with you[/citation]
We got ice cream a couple of the evenings too.

(Found the little out of the way shop using my Galaxy Tab)

theoldgrumpybear

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2010
[citation][nom]amdwilliam1985[/nom]Maybe it's because other civilized parts of the world(Europe) are getting their governments to subsidize their infrastructure.I'm tire of people posting stuff like Europe pays $10/month for similar cable speed we're getting here. Have you guys ever been to Europe? I did, and I do not enjoy paying $3 euro for a bottle of soda. I love this country even more after I visited those "so-call better" countries. What I'm trying to get at is that we're paying things one way or the other. Over there, government collects a lot more tax money, therefore they can subsidize more public stuff. Over here, we're paying for what we get. I like it here much better.[/citation]

Or it could be like in some countries that the telco's get the cell licenses on how much of the country they can cover and how fast speeds and low rates they give rather than how the FCC does it with bidding for how much money they pay FCC, money that is then needed to be collected from the customer. Selling licenses could be on promised service (and if you cant deliver service you loose your license) instead of "give me the cash" attitude.

It is tiresome to hear people think that "show me the money" is the only way to divvy up cell licenses.

Yagame

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2009
lol. i smiled a little....
[citation][nom]theoldgrumpybear[/nom]Or it could be like in some countries that the telco's get the cell licenses on how much of the country they can cover and how fast speeds and low rates they give rather than how the FCC does it with bidding for how much money they pay FCC, money that is then needed to be collected from the customer. Selling licenses could be on promised service (and if you cant deliver service you loose your license) instead of "give me the cash" attitude.It is tiresome to hear people think that "show me the money" is the only way to divvy up cell licenses.[/citation]

ikyung

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Why did Europe come up? Why not places like Japan or South Korea who pretty much has the best ISPs in the world. When I was an exchange student in Tokyo, there was no such thing as "limits". You pretty much had the fastest connection with unlimited download limits for fraction of the cost. Hirojiku fiber optics, how I miss thee.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
In Europe pricewise instead of "looking at $529.99" you're looking at 529.99 Euros, which is 769.49 $ mind you.

And no SD slot. Way to go Samsung, you're learning from Apple.

subaru41

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
WOW, what a screw job from Verizon. My friend is with Verizon and is on a good plan with unlimited data for $30. But who in there right mind would want to move to Verizon and pay double. I will agree that they have the best service, but it is not worth it to me to pay double for the same coverage on my current T-mobile plan.
PS I have the Galaxy Tab 10.1 wifi and it is the best android tablet out there. I have tried the Xoom, Asus, and Acer.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]subaru41[/nom]...who in there right mind...[/citation]
LOL. I like my right mind to be mine. Not some right mind over there. Who in their right mind would want that?

Status
Not open for further replies.