Question 4K 60fps HDR stutter

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsibosp

Honorable
Mar 10, 2014
Hello everyone! Just yesterday i got an LG C9 and I got it hooked up with my PC on a full hdmi 2.1 48gbps HDMI cable. It's an i5-6600k 4,2Gz, 16gb DDR4 RAM, GTX1080. I changed the HDMI slot to the PC indication on the TV and have HDR ON Windows 10 settings with 4:2:2 10-bit color enabled. Problem is when I open Chrome (with hardware acceleration enabled) on Youtube and i try to watch a 4k 60fps HDR video CPU is constantly on 100% usage and the video stutters and has frame drops. Any thoughts on whats wrong as I think the PC is capable enough to run this?

Your GTX1080 "only" provides HDMI2.0b, could be a problem, it´s technically possible to use HDR with it but not officially supported.
Not sure about the color thing "4:2:2 10-bit color enabled "

update windows 10

The video has to support the HEVC codec of the card

Use DDU uninstaller and reinstall the latest driver from nvidia.com for the GTX1080

update the firmware of the TV

use a different browser like the new Microsoft EDGE

tsibosp

Honorable
Mar 10, 2014
Your GTX1080 "only" provides HDMI2.0b, could be a problem, it´s technically possible to use HDR with it but not officially supported.
Not sure about the color thing "4:2:2 10-bit color enabled "

update windows 10

The video has to support the HEVC codec of the card

Use DDU uninstaller and reinstall the latest driver from nvidia.com for the GTX1080

update the firmware of the TV

use a different browser like the new Microsoft EDGE

Hello thanks for your input. Everything is updated. Gpu drivers, tv firmware and Windows 10 all up to date. I can see content in HDR in movies, shows etc with VLC and HDR mode enabled through Windows 10 settings. I just cant stream this specific youtube content, 4k-60fps-HDR with my pc and it seemed quite odd. Same exact thing happened with Microsoft Edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.