4k with 980M SLI - Is there such a laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pummel

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
Hello,

Does anyone know if there is a laptop out there that has a 4K display with 980M SLI graphics card?

It seems no matter which brand I look at, they only seem to have either 4K with 970M, or 1080p with 980M SLI, even the MSI GT80 has only a 1080p screen.

Solution
well first of all 4K display and GTX 980M SLI together makes your laptop run at best way 20 mins before it needs charging that is way below a laptop standard for battrey second , its ganna be E X P E N S I V E as hell ......so the answer is NO at least for now
besides it makes more sense to put a Nvidia Titan X in a laptop rather than 2x GTX 980M in it......it takes less room and is more power efficient and thats why Alienware is working on it however i dont know if they are ganna use a 4K panel or not
however i agree with u and i think there should be something like this but i think major Companies like Alienware MSI or others
believe that creating a 4K DisplAy and GTX 980M SLI laptop is just not simply worth the trouble

Woody1999

Estimable
Jan 3, 2015
Do you really need a laptop? 4K gaming on a laptop is far from ideal, the screen is way too small to make use of such a high resolution. Equally, very few laptop graphics cards will manage such a resolution, they're worse in comparison to their desktop counterparts.

Woody

Pummel

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
The question wasn't if it makes sense price/performance in comparison with desktop, (because I know it doesn't) my question is if there is a 4K laptop with 980M SLI.

I can't seem to find any. It's very strange that Alienware, MSI, ASUS and Razer, all offer Laptops with 4K screens that have a 970M or 970M SLI, but not 980M SLI. And the models that have 980M SLI all come with 1080p.

This makes no sense to me. Especially for 4K gaming you need as much horse power as possible, so why are there no 4K laptops with 980M SLI?

AlenZeros

Estimable
May 22, 2015
well first of all 4K display and GTX 980M SLI together makes your laptop run at best way 20 mins before it needs charging that is way below a laptop standard for battrey second , its ganna be E X P E N S I V E as hell ......so the answer is NO at least for now
besides it makes more sense to put a Nvidia Titan X in a laptop rather than 2x GTX 980M in it......it takes less room and is more power efficient and thats why Alienware is working on it however i dont know if they are ganna use a 4K panel or not
however i agree with u and i think there should be something like this but i think major Companies like Alienware MSI or others
believe that creating a 4K DisplAy and GTX 980M SLI laptop is just not simply worth the trouble

Solution
I personally am unaware of any 4k laptops that are SLI with the 980M. Only ones that I know of is the Aorus SLI laptops, but they "only" have 3k displays and gtx 970M/965M SLI.

BTW...Guys, all the OP wanted to know is if such a laptop exists. I don't think yall need to keep rambling on, on how such a laptop is a bad buy. Sure it isn't a great buy, but I suggest answering the OPs question right up front then adding how it's a bad buy as a side note (that's my 2 cents).

Status
Not open for further replies.