4Sync Cloud Storage Launches with 15GB Free Space

Status
Not open for further replies.

shqtth

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2008
I had 25GB no my skydrive but microsoft took it away, and killed sync support for xp. I use to use live mesh.

I never got an email from microsoft saying they were going to downgrade my account from 25GB to 7GB. So i never knew I had to click on a link.

edogawa

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2012
[citation][nom]shqtth[/nom]I had 25GB no my skydrive but microsoft took it away, and killed sync support for xp. I use to use live mesh.I never got an email from microsoft saying they were going to downgrade my account from 25GB to 7GB. So i never knew I had to click on a link.[/citation]

You probably never accepted the offer during the limited time or something; I did and still have my 25GB.

G

If it is in the "Cloud" you do not own it, make sure you only store data you have backed up locally and never anything sensitive ever!

Cloud is good for Sync uses of everyday stuff, like music and photos you do not worry about too much!

techcurious

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
I still have 25GB on my USA Skydrive (hotmail) account (USA is my location in profile), but only 7GB in my UK Skydrive account.. I opened both accounts since about 1999!
Does anyone have a UK Skydrive with 25GB free?

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]moricon[/nom]If it is in the "Cloud" you do not own it, make sure you only store data you have backed up locally and never anything sensitive ever!Cloud is good for Sync uses of everyday stuff, like music and photos you do not worry about too much![/citation]

Sure you do. Cloud storage does not change your copyrights.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]john_4[/nom]Cloud storage is for Fools, Tools and Suckers[/citation]

I'd not go that far; also it has only limited appeal as long as especially our upload speeds are so limited.

nicosfacepalm

Honorable
Oct 5, 2012
I use 4Sync and quite happy with it. It offers more storage space than any other for free (15 Gb) and they won't take them away, and also provides multiple folders upload. It was the crucial option for me. When you’re in a hurry you don’t have time to upload folders one by one.

an_taylor

Honorable
Mar 14, 2013
I guess it's some king of author's scam about those 25GB..There's a plan for free 15GB and that's pretty awesome! 4me and 4myfiles :) it's more than enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.