5.1 Not working...Sort of

Shan93

Honorable
May 19, 2013
Hi there.

So I've bought myself an Audigy Fx PCIe card a while ago. Card works great, and the software is amazing. Only thing that I've only really started to notice...that the 5.1 doesn't entirely work.

What I mean by that, is the in windows and the software itself, it can recognize the rear speakers and play them when I test them. But nothing else plays them, like Spotify, anything in Chrome or VLC. This is really annoying.

I knew how to fix this a long time ago on my old card, as it had a "Speaker Fill" option. This card, however, does not have that. Nor does any of the settings in the control panel, and trust me, I've tried ALL of them.

It's not that the speakers don't work, as they do. And same with the card, as I know that it works because I can hear that the rear speakers work in the test.

It seems that nothing upmixes to 5.1, and I can't find an option to do it - or enable speaker fill. As there is no "enhancement" options tab in the properties of the speakers.

Is there anything that I can do; Ie, an application that upmixes certain programs to 5.1, or is there something that I'm missing.

Below is the specs of my PC, if it helps.

Thanks for reading.

d1Yf1Zs.png

Solution
G
I found this answer online: "Open up the EAX console or advanced HQ (its the same thing) on the thrid panel along you will see CMSS 3D click it. Find and select CMSS 3D 2." See if it helps.
G

I found this answer online: "Open up the EAX console or advanced HQ (its the same thing) on the thrid panel along you will see CMSS 3D click it. Find and select CMSS 3D 2." See if it helps.

Solution

Shan93

Honorable
May 19, 2013

I use the program that they've given me, It's like SBX Pro Studio.

I'll look up the EAX, maybe it's compatible, and I'll reply when I muck around with that.

Thanks for the reply.

------

EDIT:

The EAX only seems compatible with the other Audigy cards. I've tried downloading a kit (forgot the name now), which would have fixed the issue. But it doesn't work as it I don't a compatible Audigy card attached :/