5.1 System connected to TV;Blu-ray or Receiver

Seleniar

Commendable
Feb 28, 2016
Hi guys,here is my big problem !

I have a Samsung Smart led TV ( UE32F6400 ) and i use it to watch 3d movies(i plug in the usb with the movie ). I have also a 5.1 audio system and it's for PC (those 3 green cables out of it) which is connected to the TV through headphones with 2 adapters,so,of course the TV recognizes the system as headphones.

First question is : will i get noticeable better Sound if i buy a 3d Blu-Ray or Receiver and connect it to the TV ? (and even picture quality ?)

If yes what should i choose : Receiver or blu-ray ?
I have to mention that my surround speakers are always working while connected through headphones,is this ok ?

P.S. I don't want to buy DAC's

Solution
Since you are using a stereo output from the TV, there won't be any sound difference outside from the general improvement that a better receiver and speakers would give you. If you want to have real surround sound, you need to use the right source from a blue ray player using HDMI to the new receiver.
Since you are using a stereo output from the TV, there won't be any sound difference outside from the general improvement that a better receiver and speakers would give you. If you want to have real surround sound, you need to use the right source from a blue ray player using HDMI to the new receiver.

Solution

Seleniar

Commendable
Feb 28, 2016

I think i'll buy a Samsung 3D Blu-ray edition c6900 which has all 7.1 output separated (RCA)