5 Reasons Why Amazon Can Make Android Tablets Really Compete with Apple's iPad

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I think people seriously underestimate the power of the App store here. Aplle's app store not only has some of the best content, but it will continue to have the best content. This is becasue they are the highest selling OS on mobile/tablet devices. yes, there are companies that will spend time developing android apps, but for every one of those 50 will stick with iOS because thats where the money is. As long as apples product is at the top, thats where it will stay. A catch 22, self perpetuating cycle. Does anyone else hear the whispers of "monopoly!". :p

sceen311

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
Yeah ipad2's display isn't the best, but by the time amazon comes out with any tablet to compete with it apple will have released, will be releasing, or will be breaking the news about the ipad3 and it's bad ass screen.

Hope and disappointment cycle continues.

G

i don't know about you guys in america/europe . . but here in asia, android tablets are selling like pancakes . . if you're not too lazy to search around the internet, you would find that,

not all china-made tablets are a cheaply priced and made,

i personally have seen a lot of china-made tablets that have exactly the same specs(or even better) as high-end android tablet brands such as samsung and motorola . . but with 1/3 or less of the high-end price . .

only problem with most china-tablets though, is the battery life...but portable power banks would solve that easily

also, i find loading music, videos, apps and other files using iTunes very bothersome . . i like to plug&play my gadgets without the need to sync and stuff

G

Won't matter. Android users will be eating Ice Cream Sandwiches soon.

3Ball

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006
I sure do love my Viewsonic G Tablet that i got for $290 over 6 months ago. Running CM7 stable, launcher pro plus, thumb keyboard, xscope pro with full flash support, full market, $15 amazon kindle case, and OC'd @ 1.4ghz with Android 2.3.3 benches higher than Android 3.1 tablets that have double the memory. (Worth noting, that it benches higher at 1ghz as well.)

No, I cannot read mine in direct sunlight, and the viewing angle may not be the best, but for a single user, and even 2 people viewing it indoors or at night outdoors it is perfectly fine. Considering the price you can get these for, getting one as your first tablet, and then upgrading to something later down the line with a much better screen isnt too bad of a decision.

If this thing had a perfectly viewable (in sunlight) screen it would be perfect. Granted, no tablet can currently be viewed in direct sunlight all that well. More OT, I would love to see amazon put out a good android tablet.

Best,

3Ball

G

I count on you Amazon. Bring me the best color ebook. Not a game toy.

Status
Not open for further replies.