6 Things the Galaxy S9 Needs to Beat the iPhone X

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramsus78

Prominent
Jan 20, 2018
VR isn't going anywhere, it isn't slowing down, and Samsung didn't bundle the headset because they're selling well enough on their own now. AR, while cool, is something different, and won't replace VR. If you think so, you probably have no business writing articles regarding the future of technology.

Mark Spoonauer

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2014
Thanks for your comment but I disagree about VR. And so does IDC. From their most recent report.

"Growth in the VR market has been rather sluggish compared to other recently introduced technologies as the amount of investment and, more importantly, the need for end user education is extremely high for VR," said Jitesh Ubrani senior research analyst for IDC's Mobile Device Trackers. "Though the recent price cuts across all major platforms will help alleviate one of the barriers to adoption, providing consumers the opportunity to learn about products and try before they buy is still a significant hurdle faced by most companies."

Samsung's dominance continued as the launch of the Galaxy S8/8+ helped drive shipments of the Gear VR, although the company did experience a significant year-over-year decline.

thrushton2631

Prominent
Jan 20, 2018
Maybe VR on mobile devices, but no VR as a whole ie Ps vr, HTC vive and oculus are not gonna anywhere and VR totally smashes anything AR could ever hope to achieve.

thrushton2631

Prominent
Jan 20, 2018
Maybe VR on mobile devices, but no VR as a whole ie Ps vr, HTC vive and oculus are not gonna anywhere and VR totally smashes anything AR could ever hope to achieve.

thrushton2631

Prominent
Jan 20, 2018
So are video games, lmao. Maybe you've just never run an HTC vive game on a gtx 1080 ti... Or never played VR at all.

shawndugout13

Prominent
Jan 20, 2018
How about evaluating Bixby now and not just from start up. Has come a long way in a short period of time. The more capability of use it has in the system as well as the custom commands alone is awesome. The voice recognition and response has gotten incredibly better. This from my Note 8

danmboze

Prominent
Feb 25, 2017
6 things huh? How about 1. Not being an iPhone, 2. Not using IOS, 3. Not being an Apple product... Dare I go on. Oh yeah, the S9 is already there. Good to go.

shawndugout13

Prominent
Jan 20, 2018
I believe VR will CONTINUE to be a smaller select market. They will keep pushing though. The hype and use will be more like a one time hit wonder, then become a piece of hardware that sits in a kids closet next to their older gaming consoles. If they even still have that....just my opinion.

pete8

Prominent
Jan 20, 2018
There's no reason to beat the iphone x Mark......the Note 8 already did that. Cute article tho

cpuiulet

Prominent
Jan 20, 2018
People that are gonna buy Apple, don't care what Samsung is doing. But Samsung still needs to make its flagship phones the best in the industry, because Samsung is fighting two fronts. The Android and the iOS front. Apple doesn't have that problem. The iPhone doesn't need to be the best phone as long as there's no other manufacturer installing iOS on their products. I like both iOS and Android, but if I had to chose one, Android satisfies my techno geek side better. Apple is better suited for those who don't care, and just wanna text, make calls and do social media. Everything else is details. Basically, the question is, what do you personally want in a phone?

pseam

Prominent
Jan 20, 2018
Save some money - get the real best phone - the OnePlus 5t. Better screen, more memory, more storage, better design, smaller, lighter, better experience - almost half the cost.

nesteaboy

Prominent
Jan 21, 2018
That's funny, I thought the title should have been "6 Things the iPhone X should have had to beat Galaxy S8". Yes, I meant S8. S9 on the other hand, will set benchmark for the rest of the year for iPhone users to salivate over. Rinse and repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.