600$-800$ Laptop recommendations

AviatoR27

Honorable
Nov 7, 2013

All the features seem great except for the battery life which worries me since its only 4hr

mc962

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013
Look into the y410p.

Price fluctuates between $700-800
It's got good enough hardware to do your stuff and play games (and has the 4th gen cpu you wanted and windows 8).

Battery life is 4-5 hours depending on what you do. Sure it won't last all day, but if you really want something like that go for a thinkpad. I take mine to classes and just watch how I use the computer when on battery/ plug it in when I can

Thinkpad might be what you want if you really want battery life, although it is a bit costly at this point and doesnt have as good stuff as the y410p

AviatoR27

Honorable
Nov 7, 2013

The people using the y410p seem to be having issues with the touchpad and the wifi connectivity.Reliable connectivity without dipping speeds is very important to me.Thanks for the suggestion though.
What do you guys think of this one I customized from hp

https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/cart_detail.do?pageLink=true&bvLoadCart=1&action=add&disp_msg=0

PepitoTV

Honorable
Oct 10, 2013

The issues with the Y410p are partially true, I know because I'm tipping this from one of them :p

Said issues are caused by the crappy Intel drivers for the wifi card, it just take to fix the issue to delete said drivers and let Windows 8 use the generic Microsoft ones. And for the touchpad, I do like it, haven't read about any issues with it.

AviatoR27

Honorable
Nov 7, 2013
"The issues with the Y410p are partially true, I know because I'm tipping this from one of them :p

Said issues are caused by the crappy Intel drivers for the wifi card, it just take to fix the issue to delete said drivers and let Windows 8 use the generic Microsoft ones. And for the touchpad, I do like it, haven't read about any issues with it."

Copy that :) , I'm still looking for other suggestions though and size up any other candidates so keep 'em coming.

mc962

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013
The touchpad felt pretty standard to me, maybe my old touchpad was a little better, but this one is still pretty good. Some have also found some benefit from disabling the less used/useful features