Jan 27, 2019
I recently got a 7.1 surround sound setup but the receiver had no hdmi in ports so basically it was a over powered DVD player. So I was looking at getting a Harman Kardon AVR-347 second hand but the ports for the speakers say "speakers 8 omes" but my speakers that I have say "rated impedance :3 omes". What does this mean for me and will it ruin my speakers if i plug them in?

Solution
Your Harmon Kardon is rated for speakers with 8 ohms. Ohms is a measurement to the resistance of passing electricity. Your speakers are rated at 3 ohms you say. That is lower resistance than the amplifier is rated. You CAN DAMAGE your Harmon Kardon by using those 3 ohm speakers. Don't use those speakers with that amp.

kanewolf

Judicious
Your Harmon Kardon is rated for speakers with 8 ohms. Ohms is a measurement to the resistance of passing electricity. Your speakers are rated at 3 ohms you say. That is lower resistance than the amplifier is rated. You CAN DAMAGE your Harmon Kardon by using those 3 ohm speakers. Don't use those speakers with that amp.

Solution