windcsalm

Estimable
Oct 24, 2014
Hey guys I just wanted an opinion on whether its worth it to go from a NVIDIA GTX 860M 2GB PCIe to
NVIDIA GTX 870M 6GB PCIe Video, or should I just go for the NVIDIA GTX 880M 8GB GDDR5 PCIe. If you know of how much a price to increase in performance it is that would be great. Also I know it doesn't belong in this section but if i wanted to also stream and have open tabs while I plays fps or Bioshock, do you think 16gb of ram is necessary or will 8 do?

Solution
Bite the bullet, get a 900M series card. A little future-proofing never hurts. As for the RAM, depends on how many tabs you'll have open, as well as what background stuff you're running. More tabs/programs will need more RAM. 8 is usually enough for a lot of people though.
Bite the bullet, get a 900M series card. A little future-proofing never hurts. As for the RAM, depends on how many tabs you'll have open, as well as what background stuff you're running. More tabs/programs will need more RAM. 8 is usually enough for a lot of people though.

Solution