950m notebook new driver 372.90

roflo_trofl

Commendable
Sep 24, 2016
Do I need to uninstall older drivers first before installing new one
and what does this mean
do I need to do anything else before installing this driver on my notebook :
As part of the NVIDIA Notebook Driver Program, this is a reference driver that can be installed on supported NVIDIA notebook GPUs. However, please note that your notebook original equipment manufacturer (OEM) provides certified drivers for your specific notebook on their website. NVIDIA recommends that you check with your notebook OEM about recommended software updates for your notebook. OEMs may not provide technical support for issues that arise from the use of this driver.

Before downloading this driver:

It is recommended that you backup your current system configuration. Click here for instructions.

I know how to backup, but what this other things mean?

Solution
You should only install drivers from your notebook manufacturer's website.

If everything is working okay on your notebook, there is no need to update any of it's drivers anyway.

If you do install any driver updates, there is no need to uninstall the existing driver unless you are instructed to do so on the download page or in the documentation included with the driver.
You should only install drivers from your notebook manufacturer's website.

If everything is working okay on your notebook, there is no need to update any of it's drivers anyway.

If you do install any driver updates, there is no need to uninstall the existing driver unless you are instructed to do so on the download page or in the documentation included with the driver.

Solution