99% of Android Phones Vulnerable to Data Leak; Google Working on Quick Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThisIsMe

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
Don't get me wrong. It's good that they discovered this before anything serious could come of it. But, this is just the latest example of how every OS brand has it's own flaws to deal with. Take that all you finger pointers and name namers!

In other news: Today Company X failed to imagine this one scenario that left users vulnerable when this one thing that COULD happen if some bad people thought of this one way to steal from someone else while the end user was using this one feature in a specific manner. It's a good thing this one guy, out of 6 billion (6,000,000,000) people, that doesn't work for Company X imagined this could happen before some bad guy did. Say it with me now... "SHAME ON COMPANY X FOR HAVING A LACK OF IMAGINATION!"

Yeah... Everyone fails sometimes. It's how we deal with it that proves who we really are.

ThisIsMe

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
FYI
That was not a shot at Tom's in any way. I think it's good that people know about the issue so they can take steps to prevent any problems for themselves. I was only poking fun at the aforementioned folks in the first part of what I typed.

Onus

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
This game will continue until those convicted of "playing" it get to hear a loud fail horn and see
"GAME OVER" in bright lights just before someone ruins their day with a single large caliber round to the head.

Kryan

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
one of the best comments I've ever read here, ThisIsMe. +10 to you, sir, and a Green Thumbs Up (if they worked).

G

Exactly. The Android loonatics that laughed when this happened to WP7 last year seem pretty quiet in this thread - I wonder why that is.

This sort of thing happens to every OS - none are immune.

Tedders

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]brianfulcher15[/nom]droid is still greater than iphone..you shouldnet store passwords anyways...[/citation]
This isn't about storing passwords. You have to access your stuff by typing a username and password. No way around that. When you do that on an unsecured network and happen to use HTTP instead of HTTPS, that's what could happen.

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
I wonder how different the reaction would be if this MASSIVE failure on Google's part leaving EVERY user vulnerable while using public Wifi has been done by Apple...

Just shows that the objectivity is severely lacking with the apple-haters.

G

[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]I wonder how different the reaction would be if this MASSIVE failure on Google's part leaving EVERY user vulnerable while using public Wifi has been done by Apple...Just shows that the objectivity is severely lacking with the apple-haters.[/citation]

Seriously, come on get real!

Google do stuff for FREE!!!!!!! for every individual in the world, for FREEEEE!!!!!!!

Apple charge a massive premium for every single product they sell !!!!!!!!!

Jobs SUCKS!!!!!!!

Ever stopped to wonder why there are so many APPLE HATERS?

Thought not!

macewrox

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2011
Apple: Hey we have a new product for you.
Applelover: Oh yeah?! What's new about it?
Apple: Don't worry about that. It's new.
Applelover: What? Oh okay.
Apple: You don't want to be left in the past now do you? Come on..
Applelover: How much?
Apple: How much you got?
Applelover: My life savings.
Apple: I'll take it.

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
[citation][nom]moricon[/nom]Google do stuff for FREE!!!!!!! for every individual in the world, for FREEEEE!!!!!!![/citation]
Is that why they made 8.5billion dollars profit last year? Google has a higher profit margin than Apple ffs!

MeanSquare

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2008
I can't imagine a better response from Google. They roll out a quick fix as soon as they're aware that there's a problem. What more could one expect? (I know, one could expect perfection as Thisisme already pointed out so well.)

Status
Not open for further replies.