a laptop daily protection?

brannsiu

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2013
do we really need those keyboard cover or monitor protector or USB protector ?
Does laptop itself already have some tolerance to environmental conditions like dust, little moisture or water droplets? It's very difficult to avoid very little bit of those during everyday use

I am not worried or OCD about any scratches because it has nothing to do with the inside

For normal usage at home or in the office, no you do not need such items.

For usage outdoors maybe, but not really necessary.

For usage in environments that is less than ideal like desert, arctic, or jungles, then the answer can be yes. But it is better to simply purchase a laptop designed for rugged conditions.

brannsiu

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2013

Oh! laptop designed for rugged conditions?? Yes, I will possibly use my laptop in somewhere with high moisture, and lots of dust. (I will use my laptop in outdoor construction site , where it may also be used by some careless people with wet or uncleaned hand, but it will probably not drop to the ground) Can you recommend some such laptops?? I never heard about that. Thank you so much .......

BUT, if a laptop for rugged use is not common, could those fancy small plastic usb port and screen cover made in China play an important role??

Thank you!!!!!!

There are laptops that are made specifically that are made this but they are more expensive than the average laptop. An example is the dell 14 rugged laptop. This seals the ports and has a hard shell which should prevent damage to the laptop's screen and internal componenets.