A little help please?

SwiiftYz

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2010
I'm a little stuck on deciding what laptop to buy, I mainly want it to watch a few movies, take on the train & a few simple games like Football Manager or possibly something a little more graphic intensive such as SimCity or Neverwinter. When It comes to PCs I know my stuff but everything on the mobile side is quite a bit different.

I've been looking at the laptop below:
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/156-asus-x551ca-sx024h-notebook-core-i3-3217u-500gb-4gb-ddr3-hdmi-dvdrw-werbcam-wifi-usb3-win-81-64b

My price range is roughly £300-£500 and as I know next to nothing about laptops I thought I'd ask here as I've been browsing these forums for years but never got around to posting.

Thanks for any help in advanced.

dannylivesforher

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012
If it's about gaming,forget the one you're currently going for. I'd say you need a decent GPU,and atleast an i5(Since the Laptop CPUs are less powerful than regular desktop CPUs) and a good screen. So if you have the budget,you can try this one:
Lenovo IdeaPad Y510p

SwiiftYz

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2010
It's only for casual gaming, like I said when I'm on the train and pretty much none of the things I'm looking to play at graphic intensive, hence why I don't want to spend over £500 as I have a desktop gaming machine at home.

TRENDING THREADS