Choosing a low/medium-end gaming laptop under 600$

Highfly

Estimable
Sep 30, 2015
Hello. Question asked a countless times, yet here it is again.

I've been a PC user for my whole life so far but with the college arrival it's time to make a change. Any additional info about the models and their qualities gained through personal experience or anything else would also be appreciated. Deciding between these two laptops mainly used for gaming and watching movies, though I know both of them are not qualified enough for any serious latest demanding games, I'd like to make the best use of the budget I have.

I'm hoping to run Witcher 3 on low settings just to try the game out (30 fps), though I'll be playing League of Legends mainly since I won't have time to do any in-depth gaming. Believe me I've searched a lot within the price range and availability in the nearby stores. A helpful note is that I care more about the performance than image quality, although the PC gaming spoiled me a bit, I don't mind dropping a ''few'' ppi for 10-15 fps. GPUs are somewhat the same and in my opinion the only difference is 1 MB more of L3 cache on 940M. So, is Full HD a bit too much for 15.6"? I'm too lazy to switch resolutions or zoom in for reading.
Looking forward to your help! :)

And the nominees are:

ASUS X751LB
17.3 inches LEDHD (1600x900)
Core i3 2.1 GHz
GeForce 940M (2GB)
4GB RAM

LENOVO Z50-70
15.6 inches FHD (1920x1080)
Core i3 1.9 GHz
GeForce 840M (2GB)
4GB RAM

Highfly

Estimable
Sep 30, 2015

Well I'd much rather like 17" because weight is not an issue and I'll be using it at home mostly. Clearly I do not have a lot of experience with laptops so I'm wondering is exchanging size, CPU and GPU for Full HD worth it.

Why a laptop... well my PC will be staying at my parents' house and I'm leaving to another town but I'll be visiting them every few weekends or so and I don't plan to haul around the whole PC with me. Just one of the reasons.

Also couldn't find any specific atributes for those laptops like the hardiness of a keyboard, plastic quality and so on. If one is more durable than other or maybe which manufacturer is more respectable