A mod. for UE Boom or Megaboom speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geoff Levy

Commendable
Nov 17, 2016
OK folks, here is a good one for you. Has anyone ever toyed around with the idea of modifying a UE Boom or Megaboom speaker to accept an external battery source? The Megaboom would not make a bad PA speaker for small venues but it's internal battery life is about 9 hours playing at 3/4 volume, 4 at max. volume.. I'd like to get more. Obviously this is not for the "Dance" set but for background and light mic work it would serve. anyone have any suggestions?

Solution
In general, to extend run time, all you do is to wire a similar battery pack (same voltage) in parallel to the existing and BAM. But if this is rechargeable, it gets a little more complicated but I reckon is not that difficult since extended battery packs for portables and laptops etc exists long ago. Google and you have the world' library at your fingertips.
In general, to extend run time, all you do is to wire a similar battery pack (same voltage) in parallel to the existing and BAM. But if this is rechargeable, it gets a little more complicated but I reckon is not that difficult since extended battery packs for portables and laptops etc exists long ago. Google and you have the world' library at your fingertips.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.