A windows laptop.. with mac build quality/features etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielOJ

Distinguished
May 29, 2010
Hello,

Having bought my wife a 13" aluminium Macbook last year, I've been left feeling unsatisfied with my old piece of Dell plastic. I would love to buy myself a Mac but unfortunately a few key programmes I use are windows-only and using parallels is out of the question etc.

So I was wondering what the best options are for a windows laptop that has the same quality and feel of a mac? My first choice at the moment is one of the Lenovo Thinkpad range, I was just wondering whether there are any similar options in terms of build quality?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

tysonayt

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2011
This is a very late reply but I just have to say that atleast for me, the HP Envy series laptops really have a similar build quality and feel as the Macbook Pros.

hpfreak

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
The Envy's are plagued, let hp sort out the issues before you start wasting money on their "premium" systems.
Instead, go with a Sony VIAO, same type of quality, pricewise, they can get pretty expensive...
If you need any recommendations, just state your budget, what you need out of your laptop, screensize, battery life etc... And I can give a few very quickly.

ECEMummy

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
What you do is buy a Mac and install windows on it. So you get the best of both worlds. A mac that runs windows and you can dual boot it. No matter what you do, you will never be satisfied with a PC. As the saying goes, "Once you go mac, you never go back"

I like ThinkPads. In fact, I'm using my IBM ThinkPad T40 right now which I bought back in 2003.

Sadly, it is woefully under powered these days. The T40 stutters while I'm surfing the web, downloading files, and encoding some Xvid videos at the same time.

Pyree

Distinguished
^+1 Lenovo Thinkpad. But guys and girls, I don't think DanielOJ need our advice because the question was posted over a year ago and I think he might have already made a decision without our help.

Status
Not open for further replies.