About Windows 10 Updates

Bertybertbert

Commendable
Jun 11, 2016
There are some times where the windows update will just stop downloading even though it says it is. one example i have right now it that it says "Downloading Updates 45%", I just don't know why it randomly stops. I've checked my task manager as well and have noticed that there is no network being used for windows update.

Solution
Windows update is going crazy right now with the new anniversary update. One of my systems failed to update yday and it would try again in the near future, it told me. I also see updates failing to download. Just leave Windows see to it and try not to worry. As long as your system works thats all that counts.

Multipack

Commendable
Sep 5, 2016
Windows update is going crazy right now with the new anniversary update. One of my systems failed to update yday and it would try again in the near future, it told me. I also see updates failing to download. Just leave Windows see to it and try not to worry. As long as your system works thats all that counts.

Solution

Bertybertbert

Commendable
Jun 11, 2016

Alright! Will do, my only problem is I have a limited broadband speed of 1.6 Mbps, cannot use wifi for gaming cus somethings wrong with the wifi card. i heard if you set it as a metered connection it won't download, i just really hate it when it randomly starts downloading while i play a game and i start lagging.

Multipack

Commendable
Sep 5, 2016
Not much we can do to stop these updates, but yes metered connections are an issue on wifi. You used to be able to trick Windows into thinking you had one to delay the downloads but that doesnt seem to work anymore. Perhaps someone knows a way. Eventually it will download all the necessary files, but you may have to suffer in-game until it does!

Bertybertbert

Commendable
Jun 11, 2016

:) !! Will just have to live with the fear it might start hehe.

Bertybertbert

Commendable
Jun 11, 2016

May I ask if the update that failed for yours is the cumulative update? It's whats stuck for me right now.

Bertybertbert

Commendable
Jun 11, 2016

mine is the KB3189866 though, doesn't matter its nice to know that it only doesn't happen to me and its not my machine being bonkers.

By the way, usually how big (file size) are cumulative updates?