AC Adapter disconnects under load

Lundquist311

Estimable
Jun 21, 2015
Hello,

I'm having an issue with charger connectivity on my laptop. I have a MSI GT783R-658US with a Nvidia GTX675m graphics card. Thinking that my original charger and battery were starting to go bad after a few years, I replaced them with the exact same models (same Wattage, Voltage, Amps, etc).

The laptop charges normally under a regular load (internet, small games such as Hearthstone, MS Office) but whenever I put it under a heavier load such as Starcraft II, the AC Adapter stop being recognized by the computer until I unplug it and plug it back in. If I go back to the game, it disconnects again.

I've looked into Power Management settings and haven't found anything that can help me. I'm thinking it may be something on the motherboard. Or something is 'tripping' the AC adapter when it gets under load. Maybe both. Either way, I wanted to see what the community thought before I make any decision on how to proceed.

Thank you,
Lundquist311

Hi,

Please do try changing some settings in NVIDIA control panel.
- Open NVIDIA control panel by right clicking on your screen without hitting any icon.
- Once opened click on Manage 3D settings, under Global Settings on the right pane look for Power management mode.
- Change it from Adaptive to Prefer maximum performance.
- Make sure to save the settings then try it.
- Also do uninstall/reinstall "microsoft acpi-compliant control method battery" from Device Manager.
- Uninstall it then reboot your laptop and that should reinstall that driver automatically.

TRENDING THREADS