Accelerometer/Gyroscope/Screen Rotation not always working on Samsung Galaxy Note 2

j0ndafr3ak

Honorable
Feb 11, 2012
Hello there everyone,
Since my phone was upgraded to stock Android 4.3, screen rotation hasn't worked properly. it only works a few hours after I retore the smartphone's factory settings, then it completely stops working. I have also downloaded some tools to check the sensors, and they don't get any readings, values for the accelerometer and the gyroscope are stuck to 0.
yesterday I installed a custom recovery firmware (firstly TWRP then CWM) and re-flashed official samsung 4.3 firmware with no luck. even after flashing it and resetting the phone to the factory settings, the screen still wouldn't rotate.
so i installed the CyanogenMod 11 rom and it worked every now and then but it now has come to a full stop. it would really bother me to reflash any of samsung's android versions. the cyanogenmod is soooo fast and light..
has anyone found a solution yet? there must be. I don't think it's a hardware issue (i really hope not) cause i wouldn't know how to replace the sensor being it soldered to the mainboard.
any ideas on how to get the screen to rotate again?

j0ndafr3ak

Honorable
Feb 11, 2012
I don't really think there's anything left I can do. I even installed a few custom roms. At first it would work, it'd restore the gyroscope full functionality; now if I do a factory reset or even install a different rom it doesn't make a difference... the gyroscope is dead now.. I'm starting to think it's a hardware problem, though I can't explain why the problem showed up only after upgrading to Android 4.3. Was it a mere coincidence?

XxDeMoNxX

Estimable
Dec 2, 2014

I have a Samsung Galaxy Light and I have the same exact problem, except my android version is 4.4.3. I think it's the software update that caused the problem.

outshiner2001

Estimable
Dec 15, 2014

Take out the battery while the phone is still on...wait a few seconds then insert battery. You're welcome.

Tshulthise

Honorable
Oct 12, 2013

Taking the battery out while the phone is still on does NOT work.

Scott_81

Commendable
May 21, 2016

I actually am having the same problem, and did a factory reset mid March have not found a solution,