Acdsee panning slow win 7

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
i use this program, the forums for it are dead, and the few that post there dont acknowledge the problem of panning being ungodly slow.

amd cards appear to be the ones that have a hard time panning right and i am wondering if anyone here knows of a fix? in win xp i was able to open the task manager and have a small bit of it show, but that trick doenst appear to work in win 7.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
me specifically, i believe it is 8 and pro 5. there are times when one works and the other doesn't so i keep them both up and ready to go.

i found a work around that in trying to find anything for, http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/32571-63-controllable-transparent-thing but im not sure that will turn up anything. the problem is that some drivers make acdsee go... well... fast enough, to where its not annoying, but not to fast to also be annoying, and some driver versions, well, break panning entirely. what use to take 2-3 seconds to reach the bottom from the top, now takes 7-8 seconds.

i dont even need a full fix, just a workaround that i can rely on to almost always work.

kicipu

Honorable
May 3, 2012

I just google "panning speed" and find your post. I've been using 8 and PRO 3 for years and have no idea that the program can panning faster.. It's always been slow panning for me since beginning, that was why I dont use it to read my comic book anymore.

Then, for Win7 workaround. I tried to run the program on Xp sp3 compatibility mode.. Panning goes faster, still a bit grainy though...

hope it help..

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009

its all about the amd drivers.

some drivers are great and make the panning fast, some suck and make it slow.

i believe it was 2 weeks after i posted this origionaly that a driver came out that made panning fast again, and more recently, after i think 83 days of not shuting my computer down, my mouse horribly glitched, and forced a shutdown, and nessessatated driver updates.

i can confirm that the most recent catalyst for the 5770 also had reasonable panning speed.

on a side note, nvidia i dont believe has a problem ever with panning, though that may also be because i rarely ever updated the drivers.

and thanks for the compatibility mode... i also think that if you turn off the areo that would fix the work around... it was something i didn't think of at the time, but if areo isnt there it may be possible to do the xp workaround in windows 7.