Acer 3820t After cleaning CPU overheating

M2r1k

Estimable
Jun 16, 2015
Hello,
After couple of years i wanted to clean my Acer from dust and applied new thermal paste. After cleaning the CPU is overheating, Fan cooler works and max RPM but it doesent blow hot air. CPU itself is 80 degrees Celcius hot but the heatsink and air is breeze.
I was thinking that maybe i applied thermal paste wrong and i deattached everything, cleaned and apllied new thermal paste. Same problem.
Any suggestion or help?

Sorry for bad english.

GeRgY

Admirable
Hello mate,
did you put your thermal paste right? If you put alot of paste the CPU will not be cooled / if you put not enough paste your CPU will still be overheating. i will give you some options and steps:
1) Clean your cooling system from radiator to every part of it. ( http://www.fixmylaptop.com.au/files/u2/cooling_module.jpg )
2) Clean the old paste with wet blank ( do not use knifes or something sharp! )
3) put a little DOT of paste into the CPU and spread it around ( there should be no AIR between CPU and Cooling system )
p.s. try to get some good paste (do not take trash thermal paste).
4) Check your cooling fans and if needed replace them with new one (they are one of the cheapest things in 1 computer). The new fan will work a much better than one (cleaned or not) old fan.
5) Get a cooling station for laptops :) Its good for your machine
good luck

M2r1k

Estimable
Jun 16, 2015

Hey, thanx for response.
Yes i did as you mentioned before.
My friend says that its because CPU is dying or broken??