Acer 5253 Bootup Issues after New hard drive

apisano91

Estimable
Feb 18, 2015
Ok so i've read Brett928S2 is amazing at solving these problems, I have an Acer 5253, recently the hard drive went so i purchased a new one directly through wester digital and now the only thing i have is a black screen on boot up with a small white line in the upper left hand of the screen. please help.

SuperSoph_WD

Estimable
Jul 30, 2014
Hey there, apisano91!

I'm very sorry to hear about your issues after installing your new WD HDD. :(
I'd recommend to first reset BIOS. Here's a link that help you with that: http://www.ehow.com/how_4740583_reset-bios-laptop.html
Make sure that your new drive is detected in BIOS and check your boot priority, the blinking white underscore may be an indication that the motherboard is looking for the boot device. I'd also check the cabling and the connections again.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted! :)
SuperSoph_WD

apisano91

Estimable
Feb 18, 2015

this is what i get after letting the screen with the white underscore sit for about 10 minutes

SuperSoph_WD

Estimable
Jul 30, 2014
Hi again, apisano91!

There seems to be a loose connection somewhere. Open up the laptop again and re-seat the cables to the new HDD.
Also make sure you have your Windows Installation media in your DVD/CD-ROM or a flash drive.
Check the boot priority in BIOS again. First: should be the DVD/CD-ROM or the USB ports; Second: The hard drive.

Let me know how it goes afterwards! :)
SuperSoph_WD