Genesis Mallari

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013
Laptop's specifications:

cpu: intel i3 380m
gpu: optimus; intel hd, gt 540m
ram: 4gb

MY problem:
I just installed a new awesome game which is "Tomb Raider".
I run it in normal settings then benchmark it. 1280 x 720

lowest: 1.8
highest: 42
average: 38.2

it's fine for me but then, I tried to create a new game....it runs fine until tomb raider has been punch out O_O....then my pc automatically turns off....I tried to play it again four more times but I'm getting tired of seeing lara being puched....then i suspected that their is some problem with my CPU....

i run the task manager while playing Tomb Raider....I saw some strange CPU usage....it runs an average of 78% and sometimes it goes up to 98% and also 100%....then blank....O_O....

I've tried it in the lowest settings and in 800 x 600 resolution....it runs good until 25 mins later....blank...Shutsdown again automatically.

Please tell me what is the problem and what is also the solution.

Solution

No need for new cpu.just clean up the fan and apply new thermal paste.since u havent opened it for ages dust might be clogging the fan.make a habit of cleaning ur laptop internal at least every 5-6 month.use coretemp,realtemp or hwinfo for temp monitoring.just google them.they are free for donwload.

Genesis Mallari

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013
do i need to buy a new CPU?
or should I just clean the heatsink?. the heatsink where never been opened for centuries :D
should I also apply a thermal paste?
and how should i know if my heatsink or fan inside the laptop are still ok?

sorry for too much questions....I really need them. :D

also....how can I monitor my laptop component's temperatures?

No need for new cpu.just clean up the fan and apply new thermal paste.since u havent opened it for ages dust might be clogging the fan.make a habit of cleaning ur laptop internal at least every 5-6 month.use coretemp,realtemp or hwinfo for temp monitoring.just google them.they are free for donwload.

Solution

Genesis Mallari

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013
O_O

Thanks....I did it myself....I dissasembled my laptop....it feels creepy....I'm not an IT expert....never had such experience about assmebling and putting Thermal paste....but it run :D....

now I can play tomb Raider in normal settings.

No problem.once you know how to do it yourself u will slowly become good at it.