acer 5750 pxe-e61 pxe-m0f had on old hdd. same problem still after bought new ssd

technomind

Honorable
May 14, 2013
Hi all, having trouble with my acer 5750 laptop. it was a refurbished from pc world group. Only bought laptop 15 month ago.

Here's the problem. Got the following error

PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
PXE-M0F: Exiting Broadcom PXE ROM.

Art first hard drive was not making any noises so I try to switch on the laptop several times, soon after it was making noises so I thought I needed to invest in new hard drive and bought Samsung 840 250gb ssd.

New ssd shows under bios> information. Sata mode - AHCI Mode. I also changed boot priority so that cdrom comes first followed by ssd. However I still get

PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
PXE-M0F: Exiting Broadcom PXE ROM
No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key

So I tried to install windows 7 from my backup disks. Disc 1 of 3 completes fine, insert disk 2 of 3 and it gets stuck on format hard drive partitions. I left the laptop rubbing for 8 hours. After about 1 hour the disc starts spinning but nothing happens and the progress bar is stuck on 14%.

Im at a loss as to what I can do to rectify the problem.

Plead help.

ThomasJ93

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2013
PXE is booting from the network, since you probably haven't got something that can offer a bootable environment running on the network, you get this "error".

You should try installing it from a regular Windows 7 disk, not the backup disks.

khatija

Honorable
Aug 24, 2013
Hi

Has anyone solved this issue??

I am also having the same problem!!

Except with me, I had my HDMI cable plugged into my laptop and as my laptop was slow I banged the front of the laptop where the left and right buttons and the mouse pad is and ever since then I get that PXE-M0F error message.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
AbhiramReji602 Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 4
R Laptop Tech Support 1
AugSir Laptop Tech Support 1
GViktor Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 0
solit war Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 6
JBH81194 Laptop Tech Support 2
P Laptop Tech Support 0
S Laptop Tech Support 6