Acer 5750g annoying sound while playing games/watching movies

Status
Not open for further replies.

lupilipid

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2011
Hi everyone!
I just recently brought the acer 5750g laptop.It works pretty well except for one little problem:a weird noise while streaming videos,watching movies,or playing games.It seems to be random.
I am a complete noob at this but is it a graphics card problem?I even updated the graphics card drivers but the damn noise still comes randomly.What should I do?I can live with it but its a bit annoying.

Any help is appreciated.Thank You.

Solution
I think that is due to power saving underclocking the cpu and gpu, and accelerate back to normal freq or switching between the IGP to the dedicated GPU when you watch video or play game.

Check your power profile is on performance. Do not let the cpu and gpu to throttle down and always have dedicated gpu as default video display adapter. Switch off any power saving feature you can think of on your laptop and see if that persist.

lupilipid

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2011
umm.......I will try to explain.The video freezes for a second and the audio is replaced by the sound I mentioned (just for a second remember).There are no other problems.The audio and video dont go out of sync.
Like I said,the video freezes for a second and then it fast forwards through the part where it freezed.In that way the audio and video dont go out of sync.
I would say that the sound is similar to the sound made by rubbing two rough surfaces against each other :D

Hope I made myself clear

Pyree

Distinguished
I think that is due to power saving underclocking the cpu and gpu, and accelerate back to normal freq or switching between the IGP to the dedicated GPU when you watch video or play game.

Check your power profile is on performance. Do not let the cpu and gpu to throttle down and always have dedicated gpu as default video display adapter. Switch off any power saving feature you can think of on your laptop and see if that persist.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.