Question Acer predator triton 500 Laptop speakers issue(No Sound)-Only clicking noise while audio is playing.

Feb 26, 2021
the laptop was working great the all time just suddenly speakers stopped working and only doing weird clicking noise while audio in the background is playing, ihave hard reset the pc and try other solution updated drivers etc. nothing is working, ihave no idea what its suddenly stopped working its brand new laptop attached video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KZAKv4h1vk
theres no sound for the music only clicking noise all of the hardware is perfect. only this weird issue ithink maybe something is loose inside
maybe you guys can help me ?

If it's brand new, it should still be under warranty. Can you return it to the place you bought it? Have you tried to listen using headphones? It is unlikely something is loose inside, but that it possible. Don't try to take it apart until some software fixes are tried. Start by going to Setup/Update and Security/Troubleshooter/Additional Troubleshooter/Playing Audio. Let up know what you find out. Try headphones as well as speakers.

Feb 26, 2021
If it's brand new, it should still be under warranty. Can you return it to the place you bought it? Have you tried to listen using headphones? It is unlikely something is loose inside, but that it possible. Don't try to take it apart until some software fixes are tried. Start by going to Setup/Update and Security/Troubleshooter/Additional Troubleshooter/Playing Audio. Let up know what you find out. Try headphones as well as speakers.

hi there thank you for the response, ihave try many solutions, first of all I bought the laptop from amazon so warranty not working in my country,
we have here acer but they just do not cooperate with outseas purchase even tho it’s international warranty ,

anyway
Bluetooth, audio jack, external headset with usb connection everything works perfectly fine, even DisplayPort/hdmi those working good to.
The only issue is the laptop speakers, they suddenly stopped working and they do this weird sound on the video that Ihave published here up top^
ihave no idea what is the cause it’s brand new it’s really weird Ihave a feeling maybe some other connections that Ihave connect to the laptop cause a electrical problem, in the machine I hope nothing is wrong because I only connect hdmi display port external usb hub the usual stuff that you can connect to a laptop Ihave done troubleshooting and some other settings in audio hard reset pc checked drivers you name it everything is updated to max both hdd works fine games work perfect no over heating just the laptop speakers stopped working and doing clicking cracking noise with no sound of the song. Even when I restart the predator logo with their sound of restart still do the clicking sound without audio
The laptop never been moved anywhere
As I say above only been connected to hdmi dp and have external hub that connected to other audios with usb and external hdd . Any suggestions?

Feb 26, 2021

And that clicking noise is the sound that the laptop do when background audio been played no sound of the audio only clicking . It was perfectly fine before Ijust have no idea what is the cause

If the audio jack is working, that narrows down the problem. That means most of the audio hardware is working properly. If you ran the audio trouble shooter and tried various speaker and enhancement settings there is not too much left. I have seen problems where speakers were not working well and it was related to the audio drivers. I would go to the Acer support page and try to update all drivers related to audio. Next thing to try would be to remove all the audio drivers and let them reinstall. You may lose some audio features that way, but that can be worked later. Last thing to try is to take the unit apart and check the wires connecting to the speakers. I doubt that is the problem though. If you try to do this yourself, follow good ESD precautions and find the service manual for you laptop so you know the proper way to take it apart. Better still, go to a good repair shop. Good luck!

Feb 26, 2021
Hi there thanks for the reply, I have checked everything, besides opening the laptop.
when I connect external speakers headsets what ever you want it works great. Only the laptop speakers doing the clicking noise while audio playing in the background there’s no sound only click noise. You think it’s aboard failure or speakers failure. I literally checked everything from software to bios to windows to updates install reinstall what ever you want..
It’s brand new laptop. Totally disappointed.
What do you think?

It could be a speaker problem or a board problem. It's likely not a speaker problem since I would not expect both to fail. No way to know without taking it apart. Since headphones work, that tells me most of the audio hardware is working OK. It's too bad you can't get it fixed by the warranty. Your next step is to take it to a repair shop. If you are lucky, there is a loose connection. If you decide to try to work on it yourself, find disassembly instructions for your specific model. Best thing is a service manual if you can find one. Make sure you read up on ESD precautions before you take it apart. Good luck

Feb 26, 2021
Yes thank you very much for your help, ihave put the laptop with a tech guy, on Sunday he will take it apart hopefully it’s a loose cable. Or something idont think there’s issues with the board, because everything else works. Ijust hope he will do it carefully this laptop pretty hard to take apart.
Sad again that I can’t use warranty here only because they just don’t want to help ieven told them iwant to pay money for the repair they like acer will not approve us parts for you. Very poor support.

It could be a speaker problem or a board problem. It's likely not a speaker problem since I would not expect both to fail. No way to know without taking it apart. Since headphones work, that tells me most of the audio hardware is working OK. It's too bad you can't get it fixed by the warranty. Your next step is to take it to a repair shop. If you are lucky, there is a loose connection. If you decide to try to work on it yourself, find disassembly instructions for your specific model. Best thing is a service manual if you can find one. Make sure you read up on ESD precautions before you take it apart. Good luck

Feb 26, 2021

Final call from technician speakers failure 😞 everything is fine, where can iget this exact speakers from?

It's hard to believe both speakers have failed but hopefully the tech is correct. I have no idea where to get replacement speakers other than to order them for Acer. Obviously Acer buys them from another supplier but it might be hard to find out who that supplier is.