Solved! Acer and Warranty support?

Apr 5, 2018
I have one of their newer predator 15 models (G9 593) and it runs way too hot. I am not really in a position to be able to send the unit back and I'd like to keep this one as it has all of my information along with the fact that, aside from the temperatures, it works very well. Does anybody know if I can reapply the thermal paste myself without voiding the warranty? I am in America if that makes a difference. I have gotten so many mixed responses so any solid advice would do me well XD.
Thank you.

Solution
I am pretty sure that if you open it up you would void the warranty. Most manufacturers will void it if opened at all or if anything is removed (which you would have to do to reapply the paste). While I understand not wanting to send it in, it may be better to do so rather than risk damage. Just be sure to back up your stuff beforehand.
I am pretty sure that if you open it up you would void the warranty. Most manufacturers will void it if opened at all or if anything is removed (which you would have to do to reapply the paste). While I understand not wanting to send it in, it may be better to do so rather than risk damage. Just be sure to back up your stuff beforehand.

Solution
Apr 5, 2018

Thank you! I have emailed Acer just to be sure but I suspected as much.