Acer Aspire 4720z won't power on.

Renox92

Estimable
Dec 27, 2015
Battery LED light orange when charging, blinks when it's low, but all the power button does is lits power LED green for a sec. Laptop won't show any signs of life (other than these 2 LEDs) with battery in or out.

I can disassemble it if needed, but I'd like to check other options first.

Solution
Here are the steps to repair your laptop.

1 - You need a multimeter to read voltage.
2 - You will have to disassemble the laptop.
3 - I'll ask you to measure voltages on some components of the motherboard.
4 - If we find a faulty component, you must unsolder the component to replace.

If we can not find the problem, one option is to go to a repair shop to let them fix your laptop, this may be your first step.

Renox92

Estimable
Dec 27, 2015

It's fine. The battery LED is now green, if disconnect a charger, then connect again, light glows orange for a short time then goes green when it's fully charged again.

Same old test, remove the battery and disconnect the adapter, hold down the power button for one minute, reconnect the adapter and power up. If you have nothing, try an external monitor if you have one. Then if you see nothing on the external, you will need to verify all the voltages required on the motherboard.

Renox92

Estimable
Dec 27, 2015

Nothing, aaand nothing. How exactly do I do that?

Here are the steps to repair your laptop.

1 - You need a multimeter to read voltage.
2 - You will have to disassemble the laptop.
3 - I'll ask you to measure voltages on some components of the motherboard.
4 - If we find a faulty component, you must unsolder the component to replace.

If we can not find the problem, one option is to go to a repair shop to let them fix your laptop, this may be your first step.

Solution

Renox92

Estimable
Dec 27, 2015

I don't think I can find one, plus soldering and looking for a replacement part... Well, at least now I know what can be done about it.Thank you.