acer aspire 4755g freeze phoenix bios screen

wendellche

Estimable
Apr 15, 2015
when i turned on my laptop it freezes to the phoenix screen. only found in the screen are the logo (acer) and 'press <f2> to enter setup'...

but i tried to press f2 but it doesnt work. i tried pressing other f's but still it doesnt work.

i already removed cmos battery for 1day, and try to clear the bios by shorting the hw gaps and still doesnt work.

need help please...

Im Spartacus

Estimable
Mar 25, 2015
Have you tried a hard reset remove battery mains cable hold power button for at least 30 second if that don't work remove ram for a couple of minutes try again. if you got 2 sticks try one then the other if booting put both in, if it fails one is faulty.
If not make a boot up disk from another PC try that

wendellche

Estimable
Apr 15, 2015
i already did hard reset, short the hw gaps, remove the rams (both 2 or even 1 alone) but still doesnt work.

if ill make a boot up disk from another pc, is there possibility to boot up my laptop even though the unit itself cant even boot up its own bios.?

i press f2 several times but no responds.

wendellche

Estimable
Apr 15, 2015
around 3-4yrs already.

actually, i just installed Centos7 in it as the host. but after installing, it works, and used it. i test all the functions of centos and it works. but suddenly, after few hours it reboots and hangs up to that screen ( as what is shown in the pic that the link i send to u).

as i turn on the laptop, the lights are ok, fans are working, i heard also noises from it but it never hows the post of the bios. even if presing the f2 isnt responding.

wendellche

Estimable
Apr 15, 2015
the keyboard is good because i tried to adjust the screen brightness and pressing fn+f6 for the screen turns black and press it again to go back to its display, it responds.

even if i removed the keyboard it still auto turns on and still didnt boots up. i waited for several hours (wishing it goes back to normal, hehehe) for it to boot up but didnt work.

wendellche

Estimable
Apr 15, 2015
yah super strange. hard drive is already removed. even the wifi, bluetooth, mousepad, an other devices connects in to the mainboard already removed, only keyboard and lcd screen and 1 ram stick is only attached to the mainboard and turned on do the process it didnt work out either.

Im Spartacus

Estimable
Mar 25, 2015
Just one more thing sometimes its not that easy to get into the bios as soon as power is switched on keep pressing the F2 key very very fast by tapping it and change your timing might just be freezing after your last chance to where the F2 key is effective and the screen has not cleared or what ever key it maybe that get ou in.

Im Spartacus

Estimable
Mar 25, 2015
Hi Again I just found this on a forum worth a try keep your fingers crossed oh no you need to press keys. Its probably an ACER thing Good luck let us know if it worked. I know your systems linux but could boot.

after hours of looking for a way to get into BIOS on my acer (F2 didn't work) this was the answer! I never did see the 2 options appear but I pressed F12 immediately after pressing escape, and then it brought up a menu from which I selected Windows boot manager.
Spartacus again if it works see whats in the menu.

Im Spartacus

Estimable
Mar 25, 2015
Update on same forum.
As the PC boots up, just as the ASPIRE logo appears, press the ESC key once. Then you will see two new options at the bottom of the screen. They will appear for about 2 seconds. You must either press F12 to change the boot up device or DEL to enter the Bios. Good luck!

wendellche

Estimable
Apr 15, 2015
i follow what you said, there's no f12 options shows in the screen. when i plugged in the power cord it automatically turns on and the screen shows in the picture was th exact screen when it was turned on and i never changes. i did pressing everything in the procedure for how mny minutes, nothing change.

Im Spartacus

Estimable
Mar 25, 2015
I'm wondering are you able to make a bootable USB stick with any linux distro on it, on another computer.Then try it on your USB if you can make one and it boots from USB then there's a chance its a combination or pressing the right keys.
I've found that site again and you can look at the link it mentions you need to be quick as the message appears to fast to see? try a combination of keys then press the F12 or F2? Your modal is different

http://forums.cnet.com/7723-19681_102-564948/acer-aspire-3100-cannot-get-into-bios/

Albert Fontanilla

Estimable
Jul 2, 2015

I have the same problem, did you find the solution in this problem sir?

leoboyskie

Estimable
Nov 12, 2014
same like mine.i tried everything I can but nothing good happens.I send it through a technician they replace my bios chip to another one.but not the same and it work for 3 months and again it happens.