Acer aspire 5315 no power when on AC battery OK

vanjadjurdjevic

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2012
I have this disgusting problem with my Acer Aspire 5315. It can't turn on when on AC cord, it doesn't show any lights nothing. No Fan sound no led lights nothing. When i unplug the coord it starts up on battery but unfortunatly my battery is drained out, the display is black and only the left led lamp is shining green (power led). No nothing, just fan noise. As soon as i plug the coord in it turns of. Since i can't turn on using the coord i can't reset the bios (start the recoveri [fn] + [esc]). I tried the 30 sec tricks but it doesn't work. Anyone knows what I should do to fix this. I started disassembling the laptop but i'm not willing to do this completely since i think the AC jack works ok. Anyone has any suggestions ?

johnybravo090

Honorable
May 7, 2012

Hi I have the same problem,I have seached the world and back for an answer.... did you find what was wrong and how to fix it. sorry I don't have an answer for you.
johnybravo

liviu81x

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2009
Same problem here, only I have another Acer to charge my battery to, and after powering on, I plug in the charger and it works fine plugged in, it detects the charger.

You have to find a friend with an Acer, even 7720/7520, it's the same battery only less wattage, no problem. You charge it few minutes only to boot passed bios screen then your home free.

DryCreamer

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2012
Some of those Acers, including the 7741 model I have, develop a problem with the DC jack that the charger plugs into, facilitating the need to replace it, which is not simple or easy.

Dry