Status
Not open for further replies.

judyjlee99

Estimable
Nov 2, 2015
I have an old Acer Aspire 5535 with Windows 7 on it that my son use to use several years ago. It seems really slow and makes a lot of noise so I thought I would reset to factory setting. I read in many places telling me to hold Alt+F10 when the computer starts up. I've tried it many many times but it doesn't work. I tried pressing Alt key first and tapping F10, tried holding it down together, tried pushing it at all different point of startup but it hasn't worked. Many times, it starts beeping repeatedly. I don't know what to do. Can anyone help and tell me what I am doing wrong? I don't have anything on this laptop that I need to save. Please help!

Mar 30, 2015
That's an old laptop. An OLD laptop. However you might be able to get some use. Reinstalling Windows will likely help somewhat as it's likely it has viruses. However the easiest way to do so is to upgrade to Windows 10 then reinstall. Also, you can do several other upgrades. You can upgrade to 4GB RAM and get an SSD for improved loading times, and if you are feeling brave even upgrade the CPU. So it will make an okay Windows laptop with upgrades but it still will be no good for much more than light browsing, word processing, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.