ACER Aspire 5740 dead after BIOS UPDATE

snawfel1983

Estimable
Jun 13, 2015
hi
I am aware that lots of threads have been posted regarding this issue but I wanted to revive it, hopefully new methods or solutions are available

I have updated my BIOS from 1.09 to 1.16 under windows 7 64bit. everything went well, update completed then computer restarted. THEN DID NOT BOOT SINCE.

I tried dissambling and removing CMOS battery then putting it back. 
Tried many Crisis Disk with 1.16 BIOS.WPH and 1.28 nothing
I am using a Sandisk Cruzer 2gb with no luck. I tried 32gb and 4gb as well. nothing

The problem is that when I try FN+ESC and Power up. the usb key doesnt blink as when it reads normally.

PLEASE HELP

Solution

yes what i did was i took off the bios chip. programmed it using a chip programmer then solder it back.
all done ;)

snawfel1983

Estimable
Jun 13, 2015
no. the screen remains black. only power button is on. no activity of hdd. fan is running low

i tried the CRISIS DISK method to recover my bios. but couldn't get it to work.

any ideas?

snawfel1983

Estimable
Jun 13, 2015
thank you for the link. I've tried every possible way.
i am about to desolder the bios and solder a new one which is preprogrammed from an ebayer

could you help me locate the BIOS CHIP on the motherboard. as there is a KBC bios as well. so i am lost

LukeDan

Estimable
Oct 23, 2015

snawfel1983, did you ever get this resolved? Mine just did the exact same thing you are describing, and I'm at a loss.

LukeDan

Estimable
Oct 23, 2015

Mine has done the exact same thing described in this thread.
It appears that the BIOS chip is soldered to the motherboard. Am I seeing that image correctly?

snawfel1983

Estimable
Jun 13, 2015

yes what i did was i took off the bios chip. programmed it using a chip programmer then solder it back.
all done ;)

Solution