Acer Aspire 5750g overheat

GunterFries

Honorable
Mar 25, 2013
Hello, I am new here, and I have a problem with my laptop.
I've bought this Aspire 5750g last Christmas and it worked well since February.
The main problem i have is severe overheating.

For some time i used my PC with only Linux on it, just for work/school. One day I installed a temperature checker, and it gave me strange results, like 75/80 Celsius degrees in idle. Then i reinstalled Windows 7, and checked with SpeedFan only to see that the temperature was really that high. My PC has never fallen and it couldn't have taken any damage from stuff like that, so i don't know why.

I asked a guy that told me maybe the fans weren't broken, to go check in the BIOS...still nothing strange.
So i bought a Trust cooler base with two fans under it, and i thought the problem was solved: my pc now could again run most recent games without shutting down itself and at 75 degrees full load.

Today i installed Windows 8, and the overheating was again too much and my PC shut down itself while playing Dota 2 even with the cooler base.
I have no problems with putting on again Win7, but it's really annoying...
How can i check if my fans really are broken or if it's just the system that slows them down in some way?

Regards,
Lorenzo

P. S. I apologize for any grammar mistakes i could have done, but english is not my main language. Hope you can help me!