Solved! Acer Aspire 6930, won't turn on, just quick flash of panel lights.

Artiom

Prominent
May 9, 2017
So I have this laptop (acer aspire 6930), it won't turn on, not on with power cord, not with battery. Power on button is lighten up (blue) when power cord is connected, and the orange light on the bottom is on when both cord and battery are connected (assume it's charging).
Every time power button is pressed, whole top panel lights up with blue icons for less than a second and goes off. Fan not spinning, no signs of it being on.

Any suggestions??

I've tried 2 different AC adapters, tried unplugging AC adapter, taking the battery out. Holding power button for 30 seconds. Plugging AC adapter back in and booting. Still doesn't work, even opened up to clean from dust, and look for signs of damage (just opened the bottom panel, there was no signs of damage, even not that dusty).

Any ideas or solutions will be appreciated!! Even if it means that the motherboard is dead or something.

Thank you very much in advanced!!

Solution
Try repkacing ram and make sure all cables connected properly when the lights flash how many times? The lights flash like that when something is wrong you cam google what the number of flashes means

Unseen659

Prominent
May 31, 2017
Try repkacing ram and make sure all cables connected properly when the lights flash how many times? The lights flash like that when something is wrong you cam google what the number of flashes means

Solution

Artiom

Prominent
May 9, 2017

Hi, the lights don't really flash, they turn on and off straight away (after a ½ a second), like *poof* kinda way.

I will try and replace the ram, to see if it has any effect