Acer Aspire 7560 random black screens

lucasharmon

Honorable
Apr 23, 2013
Recently, my laptop has started to randomly shut the monitor off. The computer itself is not freezing; just the monitor goes 100% black, shuts off with not even the backlight on. The only way to get it out of this is to shut it, and then reopen it. It does this at completely random intervals. Anyone have any idea?

EDIT: I am pretty sure it is a problem with the backlight now. I held it up to a light and could faintly see the screen still.

lucasharmon

Honorable
Apr 23, 2013

> "It does this at completely random intervals." because that is totally a setting in the power options to randomly lose power somehow to the backlight

scottiemedic

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
If you want to be condescending, that is fine! I don't HAVE to help you as a volunteer of this forum. I was just trying to make sure the most basic of things were checked first. Laptop manufacturers can sometimes make completely obscene power option profiles, so how am I to know EXACTLY how long you step away from your computer, whether it's plugged in or running on battery and that some jackhole at Acer didn't make some stupid profile.

But since you want to be the jackhole of your own thread, I'll just stop my sub to this thread and hopefully for your sake someone else picks up this torch to run with. Good luck, hope you get it figured out.

"The only way to get it out of this is to shut it, and then reopen it." Sounds JUST LIKE a hibernation to me.

lucasharmon

Honorable
Apr 23, 2013

Sorry for making you angry, but I am just naturally a smartass. And fyi - hibernation is when it shuts off and saves the execution state to disk. It is nothing like sleep mode. Try to understand what I see coming from my end - I am frantically awaiting some help for a very annoying problem. And I see someone trying to point out something I checked long before I attempted to get outside help.