Ok so i was watching the martian and my laptop froze 30 minutes into the movie, i restarted the laptop and the screen locked up and turn pink then went black. I had an HDMI connected too and they both went blank (the TV was showing "no signal").
I then booted the computer up in safe mode and it works as long as I need it too, but as soon as I boot up normally the screen goes blank in 30 seconds again. I tried reinstalling the drivers in safe mode and the catalyst program fails the discovery testing and wont reinstall the driver. Any suggestions?
Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try that may do the trick.
- Do a clean install of the graphics card driver while in Safe Mode.
- Open Device Manager and uninstall the AMD graphics driver.
- Next is to check Programs and Features then uninstall anything related to AMD.
- Once done, download and install the latest graphics driver from the manufacturers site.
- Here's the link: http/support.amd.com/en-us/download
- Reboot your laptop once the latest driver has been installed.
- After the reboot do test it again and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- If all these will not work your last option would be to reinstall Windows.
Well i just did a factory reset to the laptop and thats when i noticed the issue was still happening. I loaded a driver install from ati called catalyst, and everytime i go to install it, it fails to load some kind of detection file. but what happens if i uninstall my driver will the screen not mess up too without another driver waiting?