Acer Aspire E15 stuck on shutting down screen when I switch it on

cozywelton

Estimable
May 7, 2015
Hello, hope someone can help me!
My husband bought me a new Acer Aspire E15, it's only one week old and already something's gone wrong! I switched it on this morning and instead of starting up, it's stuck on the "shutting down" screen, been this way for over an hour now. I've held the power button down to force shut down and start again but when I switch it back on, it just goes back to shutting down. I've unplugged the charger to try and run down the battery but I'm dreading that once I plug it back in in, it'll just do the same again!

Any ideas? Help would be greatly appreciated!

Normally, hanging on shutdown can be attributed to driver problems, were all updates (hardware included) performed during setup?
I'll suggest a reset, keep unplugged, remove battery, press and hold the power button for ~30 seconds, put battery back in, plug in adapter, attempt to power on then. Provided that works, you'll want to ensure all drivers are updated be fore attempting to shut down again.

grahamcrete

Estimable
Jun 5, 2015
I had exactly the same problem. How long did you hold the power button down for? I held the button down for approx 20 seconds whilst the screen was displaying 'shutting down'. After 20 seconds an automatic boot occurred and I haven't had any problems since. I hope this is the solution for everyone with this problem.

Tohfatul

Commendable
Jan 9, 2017
It happened for me also but I fixed it by keeping the power button pressed down for 30 sec, removed the batter for 1 min and again pressed the power button down for another 20 sec. After all these, I started by Acer E15. Now its OK! Thanks C12Friedman and grahamcrete.

ericwehola

Prominent
Jan 15, 2018

ericwehola

Prominent
Jan 15, 2018
I had the same problem, just hold the power switch on the side for 30 seconds and it will turn off. On the ACER Aspire in order to remove the battery you need to basically open the entire computer since it's not external. Try the 30 secs hold