ACER Aspire E5 411 C313 Keyboard Problem

doabewildered

Prominent
Jan 6, 2018
For the past few days, i have encountered this problem with may pc. Once I typed a letter, for example "a" it goes on like this "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" i wont this until i pressed another key and same thing happens.
After that i tried a USB keyboard it works for a while but even though im not using my laptop keyboard, mostly ctrl, arrow keys and other, the problem still occur.

Please help me, any advice will be highly appreciated. Thank you.

PS. Does this problem requires an upgrade to Windows 10, or is this even perfectly compatible with Windows 10.

Thank you.

Solution
What version of Windows you are using should not effect this at all.

NOTE: If you need to type in a password to even get into Windows to do the following, make sure you attached an external keyboard first, to get past the password. Then disconnect the external keyboard and try the following...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

You may also want to try updating the Synaptics Driver if the above doesn't help.
What version of Windows you are using should not effect this at all.

NOTE: If you need to type in a password to even get into Windows to do the following, make sure you attached an external keyboard first, to get past the password. Then disconnect the external keyboard and try the following...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

You may also want to try updating the Synaptics Driver if the above doesn't help.

Solution

doabewildered

Prominent
Jan 6, 2018

Thank you! It worked.

----
If you don't mind me asking,
What is the cause of this problem? Do I need to do this repeatedly?
Does an upgrade to Win 10 improve my pc?

-
Sorry for asking too much questions.

The cause could have been many things. Bad driver update in the past, something else changed leading to the needed replacement driver.

You shouldn't have to do it repeatedly unless there is something on the laptop that is causing the driver problem. Like say a program. So unless it happens again, I wouldn't worry about it.

I am the wrong person to ask about 10. Not a fan at all. :) I can, however, say that on older computers, it doesn't run so well.