Solved! Acer aspire HDMI to Phillips 170B moniter dvi issue

Nov 15, 2018
Hey,

My Acer Aspire laptop has a stuffed screen so I bought a HDMI to dvi cable to plug into my Phillips 170B monitor.
The laptop recognized the screen right away.

The issue though is I can only see the display sent to the monitor from the laptop for a split second but then it goes dark.
When I turn the monitor off then back on, I see the display again though only for a split second. Same if I unplug the monitor from power as well.
When it goes dark I can only just see the monitor menu though cant see any options well enough.

Any ideas whats wrong or what I could do?

Solution
If you go to Control Panel and click on Power Options. You should be able to then click on a certain plan. From there you can tell the computer to have the lid closed but not ho off or in sleep mode.

AroStewart

Estimable
Apr 17, 2015
Hdmi to Dvi cables are usually a bit tricky. The main thing is to male sure that all wires are secure and properly adjusted. If that doesnt work, try rebooting your computer and try again. It also might be because you have to manually input the option to. Look on your keyboard and press the icon that looks like two monitors with a splash in the middle.

Nov 15, 2018

Cheers. Have tried that but no luck. Just finished trying a few other options I have read about as well but no luck either

Nov 15, 2018

Monitor is set as duplicate atm untill I can get the display showing for more than a second, then it will become my primary display. Have tried as an extension as well as main display but monitor will still only show the display for a second before going dark

Nov 15, 2018

I changed options on the laptop so it didn't go into sleep mode when I shut the lid. Tried it.
Display came on for a second but went dark within a second still

captaincharisma

Distinguished

does this happen both when you try closing the lid with the laptop plugged in and when not plugged in?

AroStewart

Estimable
Apr 17, 2015
If you go to Control Panel and click on Power Options. You should be able to then click on a certain plan. From there you can tell the computer to have the lid closed but not ho off or in sleep mode.

Solution