Acer Aspire Laptop Keyboard not working EXCEPT function key

Bpow93

Commendable
May 25, 2016
Prompt pretty much says it all. This computer is old, but it just baffles me that all the keys don't work except for the function key. I tried restarting my laptop, checking to see if there was something in my settings, but I've come up with nothing. This happened out of no where. Anyone got any ideas? I'm running 64 bit windows 10, btw.

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to uninstall/reinstall the keyboard driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the keyboard driver.
- Once uninstalled, reboot your laptop and it should reinstall the driver automatically.
- Do test it again after the reboot.
- If it will still not work connect an external USB keyboard and see if it will work or not.
- If you don't have a USB keyboard do try using the onscreen keyboard and see if it will work or not.
- If the onscreen keyboard or the USB keyboard will work that could mean that the problem is the built in keyboard.
- Before replacing it do check the ribbon cable that connects the keyboard to the motherboard.
- If all these will not work then replacing the keyboard would be the only option.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
hillaryous Laptop Tech Support 3
V Laptop Tech Support 1
Lhcannon Laptop Tech Support 0
E Laptop Tech Support 1
Evgeny_P Laptop Tech Support 3
Kjlaptop Laptop Tech Support 3
Y Laptop Tech Support 10
S Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 1