Acer Aspire M5-581TG always shutting down after the same time

B0rTz1

Estimable
Jan 18, 2015
Hi! I have an Acer Aspire M5-581TG. I don't know why, but it just turns itself off after around 29 minutes, every time. I tried seeing if it was a temperature problem but it isn't. I charged the battery at it still shuts down. I tried with the cable connected and the same result. I used Malwarebytes, Super Anti Spyware, Eset Nod, Avast and still no better news. I used Avast's scan on boot, when it scans before Windows starts and after roughly 30 it shuts down. I once tried to turn the computer on and enter the BIOS and see if it still shuts down, and it does. It's like from the moment when I press the power button, a countdown starts and no matter what I do it turns itself off after 30 minutes.
I noticed that before that 30 minute mark, If I close the screen and reopen it, it asks me for the password to log in back, and all my programs are still working like on any laptop. The thing is that when i close and reopen it, the "timer" resets so I have 30 minutes again. I would like your advice on what to do.

dkjohnson21

Estimable
Jan 20, 2015
it is going to sleep after 30 minutes go to power options in the control panel (System the power options)and you can change the time , if ever, that you want it to sleep. You can also change the "require a password on wakeup" by clicking on the "change settings that are currently not available"

B0rTz1

Estimable
Jan 18, 2015

It doesn't go to sleep. It shuts down instantly like I've just removed the battery. When I turn it back on it says that it turned itself unexpectedly and asks me if i want to boot in Safe Mode.

dkjohnson21

Estimable
Jan 20, 2015
You might try going to acer and see if they have a bios or other updates that you don't have yet. all the other 30 minute problems I found had no solutions. except motherboard replacements but that an expensive part to throw at it to see if it sticks. Sorry I couldn't help