Solved! Acer Aspire One A0531h Buzzing/lag Audio

J-Lee

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2011
Hello, I've recently been experiencing a weird buzzing noise when I play audio from anywhere on my AA1 netbook series. Windows 7 starter is installed and this problem wasn't present when I had it for the first couple of months. It just showed up one day. I've also noticed some sort of lag when the buzz occurs.

There are no intervals between the times it happens, it's completely random. Thx to any feedback anyone can give me. It's very hard doing presentations through youtube when the sound/and computer slows and buzz lags all over the place some days.

Solution
things that tax the cpu do this in my experience. I would look for things like virus scans, disk indexing, or other background tasks. Try running the task manager and performance graphs and see if you can catch it while it does it.

J-Lee

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2011

No because netbook Laptops don't have CD/DVD drives. Netbooks are those extremely small laptops. The problem i'm experiencing happens to almost anything that has audio for example:Windows MP or youtube videos, etc.

Tried updating audio drivers. Bought programs (that didnt help) Even going as far as going for factory default. But still no hope. I don't wanna have to send my laptop back in a 3rd time. I'm really fustrated now

festerovic

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
Ok ok sorry didnt see netbook, thought I read laptop. Does the netbook have bluetooth?

I will ask this: do you know the sound that a smartphone makes randomly when you are near certain wired phone systems? its kind of like a clicky squawk sound that lasts 2-3 seconds. It happens like every 5-10 minutes. If not oh well, everyone thinks I'm crazy too. It could be other peoples smarphones doing it to your machine. Otherwise I have no idea what's causing the buzzing.

J-Lee

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2011

Hey thanks for the replies. Yes my computer has manual BT. The smartphone thing i'm not to sure of... Well here's another example. See if you can understand where i'm coming from:

If/and when I play any audio such as maybe a video demonstration. The speaker would make this stupid buzz-like stutter like this. Ex: "My nnnetbook is wwweird anddd i dont know why iiiiit's doing thhhhhis!"

It's ok if you don't know what i'm talking about lolz I know it's pretty confusing. My problem may just be brand new.

festerovic

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
So the sound is stuttering, more than a buzz? But it sounds buzzy because its stuttering real fast together? Do I have it right? And your mouse stops and the events on the screen stop while its doing it? how long is the duration of the event?

J-Lee

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2011

Yes exactly. Dont know if theres a way to fix it. You have any suggestions.

festerovic

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
things that tax the cpu do this in my experience. I would look for things like virus scans, disk indexing, or other background tasks. Try running the task manager and performance graphs and see if you can catch it while it does it.

Solution

J-Lee

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2011

Ok thanks I'll give a report on my situation tomorrow, need some rest right now.