Acer Aspire One D255e help?

Jeffrey Grullon

Honorable
Mar 17, 2013
I tried to factory my reset my laptop dozens of times pressing Alt + f10 multiple times during boot up. The factory reset menu never pops up and it just goes through its regular process. I don't want system restore I want the factory settings. Please help me.
It's Windows starter edition so most options are limited.

Hi :)

You can also start it while in Windows....

Programs Acer etc...

All the best Brett :)

Jeffrey Grullon

Honorable
Mar 17, 2013

Could you be more specific?

Click programs...slide down to Acer... then look for something similar to Acer Recovery manager...

Jeffrey Grullon

Honorable
Mar 17, 2013

I tried to look for "Acer" under programs but since I have Windows Starter edition it doesn't show that. Anymore ideas?

It has nothing to do with Starter... look harder...

Diane Garrett

Honorable
Jun 14, 2013

And what do you do if you can't get into Windows to use the Acer Recovery from the start menu & Alt-F10 doesn't open the proper recovery. I am having a similar problem. It goes into the menu for recovery tools, however it asks for a password. Have contacted Acer directly as well as Microsoft. Both tell me it shouldn't ask for a password. I know this is true because I have ran recovery from bootup almost every time I have reset to factory. Both on this system as well as several others. Is there another way to reach the restore menu?