When I turn my laptop on, it turns on as normal and everything runs fine until I've signed in. Once I'm passed the sign in page, it all goes downhill. The mouse moves fine without any lag but everytime I try to open something nothing happens on the mouse and timer sign appears. I've tried doing this on the touch screen and nothing happens....
Does anyone have any solutions? I really need my laptop for school...
I'm also not a very techy person.
Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- First is to load your PC in Safe Mode and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- While on the login screen you'll see the shutdown button, while holding down the shift button click on the Turn off button and select Restart.
- It will load into a blue screen which will have options, select Troubleshoot.
- Next is to click Advanced options then Startup Settings and click Restart.
- Once it restarts press "5" and for it to load in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Here's a more detailed guide: http/support.eset.com/kb2268/?locale=en_US
- In Safe Mode see if the same problem will persist or not.
- Once in Safe Mode do run System Restore, restore it back to an earlier date or time before the problem even happened.
- Here's how to run System Restore: http/windows.microsoft.com/en-PH/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc
- If all these will not work your last option would be to reinstall Windows itself.