On restarting all that appears on the screen is one white horizontal line in the middle. It is about half cm wide and goes all the way across. After forcing the computer to reboot by holding down the start button a few times it usually works. But it is frustrating. Is there a solution for this?
Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to connect an external monitor onto your laptop and see if the same problem will happen to it.
- If the display will remain normal on the external display that means that the built in LCD maybe faulty.
- If you can open your laptop and check if the ribbon cable that connects the LCD to the motherboard is seated properly please do.
- But if the same issue will happen on the external monitor that could only mean that the problem is with the graphics card.
- Do uninstall/reinstall the graphics card driver and see if the same problem will persist.
- If it does, last troubleshooting step would be to reinstall Windows itself.
- If reinstalling will not work the problem lies inside the motherboard and if it's still under the factory warranty do send it for a repair.